Every Manager’s Favorite Project Manager
Scot Herrick is an experienced Project Manager in all phases of project management. He has both managed Project Managers as well as implemented projects as an individual contributor. He has worked with some of the largest organizations in the country to produce and enhance both internal and customer-facing systems. He has implementation experience in products and process, business and technology, from individual products to enterprise-wide systems.
Having worked in many large-scale efforts, Scot is adept at collaborating with team members who are both geographically and culturally diverse, including both internal and outsourced resources. He works to identify and solve problems before they impact the project resources and timeline.
- Managed a group of ten project managers responsible for in-sourcing of customer’s telecommunications function
- Project managed the replacement of enterprise-wide operations system affecting 3,000 employees from customer contact, order entry, fulfillment, inventory and dispatch to financial interfaces.
- Project managed two 100,000 port in-sourcing projects for IBM Global Services and General Motors, moving the telecommunications functions – processes, software, and delivery — to AT&T (Ameritech)
- Project managed the merger of multiple, disparate call centers into a single operation. This included workforce optimization, process management, escalated support, and quality.
- Project managed the complete overhaul of internal operational systems for a four-state, 200+ customer operations center including ticketing, knowledge management, quality, and workforce management systems.
- Project managed start-up business from scratch including software, hosting, marketing, product development, financials, and sales.
Project management and steady state management, customer implementations, process engineering, service and call center management. Managing people for results.
Consulting Project Manager
September, 2010, to present
TeamSoft, Inc. July, 2012, to present
TeamSoft, Inc., offers exceptional consulting, contracting, recruiting, and training services.
- Client project is a complete technology upgrade to Windows 7, Office 2010, and the associated testing and deployment of over 1,000 applications into this environment.
Codeworks, Inc. September, 2010, to April, 2012
Codeworks, Inc., provide expertise in all major technology platforms and have specialized expertise in the banking, securities and insurance processing industries.
- Billing and Collections Consolidation Project
- Consolidated operations in Madison, WI, and Waverly, IA, to Fort Worth, TX and off shore
- Documented and trained 400+ procedure documents
- Documented and solved for 300+ handoff changes to current operations
- Project projected to save over $1 million for project life
- Utilized Client’s PMO project methodology, including gates
- Project was 10,000+ hours
Cube Rules, LLC
2006 to present
Cube Rules, LLC is a firm focused on providing products and services to career-minded individuals.
Principal, Cube Rules LLC
- Project Management consulting to a national insurance firm. The 12-month project consolidates operations from three locations to one with an additional off-shore component.
- Consulting for a Human Capital firm. The project included creation of the career training curriculum for resume creation, marketing, and interviewing in a job search
- Cube Rules Internet information products developed include: SMART Goals, Performance Reviews, Layoff Readiness, You Landed Your Dream Job — Now What??
Washington Mutual Bank, Seattle, Washington
June, 2002, to January, 2008
Washington Mutual Bank provided financial services to consumers and small businesses and was America’s largest savings and loan association.
Vice President and Senior Technology Manager
Service Desk Manager
Manager of a team of nine escalated support analysts responsible for resolving escalated business and technical systems issues for mortgage loan officers and brokers.
- Increased productivity year-over-year by 44%
- Significantly beat Service Level Agreements for the department
- Maintained a customer satisfaction rating of 4.28 of 5.0 for the year
- Increased self-service deflection rate 9%
- Increased usage of knowledge-base solutions by 28%
- One person promoted within company from the group
Service Level Improvement Manager
Manager of a team of nine analysts responsible for improving technology service to internal clients through scorecards reporting, service improvement plans, and relationship management.
- Implemented ITIL process improvements that resulted in a reduction in cycle time in an enterprise-wide resource management tool using Six Sigma-like tools
- Created and delivered Line of Business scorecards for Retail Bank, Lending, and Commercial groups reflecting each group’s specialized reporting
- Created and delivered enterprise outage reporting for senior management, including analysis
- Created and delivered the data validation schema for each service management metric for data mart implementation
Responsible for the workforce optimization, process execution, customer satisfaction, and quality service delivery of US and off-shore call center environment focused upon technical and application support to internal employees and external customers.
- Implementation of a plan to reduce on-shore workforce from 209 to 159 without layoffs or compromising Service Level Agreements
- Validated off-shore resources needed using workforce optimization tool
- Developed and implemented a Quality Assurance program for on-shore and off-shore resources
- Implemented Six Sigma-like analysis for the Quality Assurance program
- Implemented programs that reversed declines in Customer Satisfaction utilizing Six Sigma-like analysis in the department
Sr. Enablement Manager
Managed a team of seven responsible for the telephony, ticketing, and knowledge-base systems supporting a four-state, 100-person technical support call center environment. Duties included management of the relationship between center management and the application owners supported by the call center, including the problem analytics reported to the centers for the supported applications.
- Implemented new ticketing system into the call centers
- Implemented new knowledge-base system into the call centers, including integration with ticketing system
- Delivered Support Readiness for new home loan fulfillment application supported by the call centers
- Developed and delivered operational and Service Level Agreement reporting to application owners
July, 2000, to May, 2001
Oracle Corporation is one of the major companies developing database management systems (DBMS), tools for database development, middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning software (ERP), customer relationship management software (CRM) and supply chain management (SCM) software.
Director Client Solutions
Cultivated development of business for consulting services to assigned Fortune 500 telecom accounts. Accomplishments included exceeding year-to-date booking objectives of $12 million. In a corporate reorganization in May, 2001, the Client Solutions Director position for Telecom was eliminated in America.
May, 1982, to July, 2000
AT&T Inc. is the largest provider of both local and long distance telephone services, wireless service, and DSL Internet access in the United States.
Director Enterprise Service System Operations
Provided project management for replacement of existing enterprise resource planning system to Oracle software suite. Affected departments included: contract administration, call center management, national field service operations, materials management, customer billing, Managed Services, and full financial interfaces. Ultimate accountability and success were measured as effective management of the operational delivery of customer service within defined service level agreements to meet contractual obligations at reduced costs.
Director Service Center Implementation
Managed the activities and performance of a twenty two-member management team delivering contracts and new services customers (e.g., Dow Chemical and Comerica Bank) to the Managed Services environment. Three managers in the team were promoted during my tenure in this position.
Manager, Service Center Implementation
Managed the migration of large, complex customer processes and systems from the customer legacy system environment into the Managed Services environment, including the two largest contracts implemented by the company.
Senior Project Manager
Responsible for the implementation of multiple products, including voice, video, and data, into the customer’s environment. As a team member, supported the business conversion of five disparate IT systems into a singular enterprise system. Responsibilities on this team included creation and implementation of the pre-sales process, training of the pre-sales process to managers across the company, and conversion of existing service requests to the system.
Consultant, System Design
Provided voice and video system design for standard company products. Fully supported the sales effort with the account team including customer presentations, technical sales, and proposal development.
Responsible for business development in large commercial and governmental accounts. Exceeded all revenue objectives.
At this time I am not working with a recruiting firm and no one is authorized to act on my behalf.